Warners Group Publications plc – Job Applicant Privacy Notice
The Maltings, West Street, Bourne, Lincs. PE10 9PH – Tel:+44 (0)1778 391000
Last Updated: 8 January 2019
This privacy notice describes how we collect, store and use the personal data of individuals who apply for a job with us. Warners Group Publications Plc is the Data Controller and responsible for your personal data (collectively referred to as “Warners Group Publications Plc”, “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice.
We are committed to protecting your personal information and to being transparent about what information we hold. Warners Group Publications Plc understands its obligations to you to help you understand how and why we process your personal data. This notice tells you about these uses, this notice and all related procedures are governed by the Data Protection Act 2018 and the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018.
We have appointed a data privacy manager who is responsible for overseeing questions in relation to this privacy notice. If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact the data privacy manager using the details set out below.
Head of Governance, Warners Group Publications Plc, Warners Group Publications Plc, The Maltings, West Street, Bourne, LINCS PE10 9PH. firstname.lastname@example.org
We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) with registration number Z9941901
- Personal data held by Warners Group Publications Plc
Your data might be collected directly from you as a candidate or via a recruitment agency, through your online application form, CVs or resumes; from correspondence with you; or through interviews, meetings or other assessments. In some cases, we may collect personal data about you from third parties, such as references supplied by former employers, information from employment background check providers and information from criminal records checks permitted by law.
- Your name, address and contact details, including email address, telephone numbers, date of birth and gender
- Your application and CV including details of your qualifications, skills, experience and employment history, including start and end dates, with previous employers
- Information about your nationality and entitlement to work in the UK
- Information about medical or health conditions, including whether you have a disability for which we need to make reasonable adjustment
- Information about your criminal record
We will collect additional personal information in the event that your application is successful. After you start work, your information will be processed in accordance with our employee privacy notice, a copy of which will be provided to you with your offer letter.
- Why do Warners Group Publications Plc process the personal data of job applicants?
Warners Group Publications Plc collect and process your data for a number of purposes and where we have a legal basis to do so, as follows.
We have a legitimate interest in processing personal data during the recruitment process and for keeping records of the process. Processing data from job applicants allows us to manage the recruitment process, assess and confirm a candidate’s suitability for employment and decide to whom to offer a job. We may also need to process data from job applicants to respond to and defend against legal claims.
In some cases, we need to process data to ensure that we are complying with our legal obligations. For example, we are required to check a successful applicant’s eligibility to work in the UK before employment starts.
We may process information about whether or not applicants are disabled so we can make reasonable adjustments for candidates who have a disability.
We do not process other special categories of personal data, such as information about ethnic origin, sexual orientation or religion or belief.
We will not use your data for any purpose other than the recruitment process of which you are a part.
- Who has access to job applicant data?
Your information will be shared internally with members of the HR team, managers in the business area in which you aspire to work and IT or governance staff if access to the data is necessary for performance of their roles.
We may share your data with third parties in order to obtain pre-employment references from other employers, obtain employment background checks from third-party providers and obtain necessary criminal records checks from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
We will not transfer your data to countries outside the European Economic Area.
- How does Warners Group Publications Plc protect job applicant data?
We take the security of your data seriously, we have internal policies and controls in place to try to ensure that your data is not lost, accidentally destroyed, misused or disclosed, and is not accessed except by necessary employees in the performance of their duties.
Where we engage third parties to process personal data on our behalf, we do so on the basis of written instructions, they are under a duty of confidentiality and are obliged to implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure the security of data.
- For how long does Warners Group Publications Plc keep job applicant employee data?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected. Unsuccessful applicants personal data will not usually be stored for longer than 6 months from date of application. Data will be securely destroyed when no longer required.
- Your rights
As a data subject, you have a number of rights.
- To be informed via this privacy notice
- To access – you can request access to and a copy of your data
- To rectification – you can request that we change incorrect or incomplete data
- To erasure – you can request under certain circumstances that we erase your data
- To restrict processing – you can ask us to stop processing your data, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing
- To object – where we are relying on our legitimate interests as the legal ground for processing.
- To data portability – you can request the transfer of your personal data to you or a third party
- Not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling – we do not use any solely automated processes.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact the HR Manager in the first instance.
If you believe that Warners Group Publications Plc has not complied with your data protection rights, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO).
- What if you do not provide personal data?
You are under no statutory or contractual obligation to provide data to us during the recruitment process. However, if you do not provide the information, we may not be able to process your application.
- Changes to this privacy notice
We reserve the right to update this privacy notice at any time and updates will be published here when made. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.